Sometimes known as a molten chocolate cake, or a lava cake, this dessert is just plain wicked.
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 eggs
- 85g caster sugar
- 150g butter, cubed
- 150g dark chocolate (70% cocoa), chopped
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- Grease and line four small pudding moulds/ramekins with baking paper.
- Whisk together the egg yolks and eggs, and set aside.
- In a heatproof bowl over simmering water (do not let the bowl touch the water), melt the butter and chocolate with the sugar. Stir until all ingredients are melted and combined. Remove from the heat and whisk to make sure there are no lumps.
- In small batches, add the egg mixture to the chocolate, whisking vigorously to combine. Once all of the egg has been added, the mixture should be glossy and smooth.
- Fold in the flour, then pour the mixture into the prepared moulds and leave in the fridge for at least two hours, or until they are set.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. Place pudding moulds on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes – the fondants should look cooked on top, but not completely set.
- Remove from the oven and leave to stand for two minutes before gently turning onto serving plates.