Roast onion soup
For a warming dish during the winter months, it’s hard to go past a steaming bowl of soup. Try our roast onion recipe for a delicious, hearty meal.
- 6 medium white onions
- 2 bulbs of garlic
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 120ml olive oil
- 950ml vegetable stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to a 180°C.
- Place the onions, garlic, rosemary and olive oil on a roasting tray and cook them in the oven for about 45 minutes, or until everything is soft.
- Leave everything to cool, then scoop the insides out of the onions and garlic and place into a large saucepan. Add the vegetable stock and use a stick blender to blend until smooth (or as smooth as you'd like - leave it chunky if you prefer). Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the soup gently until hot and serve.