Food & Wine
Simple banana bread
For the ultimate morning tea, banana bread is hard to beat. Adults and kids alike will love this classic recipe.
- Olive oil spray
- 1 ¾ cups self-raising flour
- ¼ cup plain flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup milk of choice
- 2 eggs
- 50g melted butter
- 2 overripe bananas, mashed
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Spray a loaf pan with olive oil spray and line with baking paper for easy removal later.
3. Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and stir until it has just come together.
4. Pour mixture into the pan and smooth out the top.
5. Bake for around 45 minutes or until cooked through when tested with a skewer.
6. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the tin to cool completely. Serve warm.