Food & Wine
Hummus is such a delicious dip, and it’s so easy to make. Once you’ve mastered this recipe (it’s really not difficult at all), you can begin to experiment with flavours and garnishes. Perhaps you’ll try some chilli flakes, or different spices on top. Let your imagination run wild.
- 400g can of chickpeas, drained (save the liquid)
- 2 teaspoons tahini
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Extra virgin olive oil to drizzle
- Rinse the chickpeas under cold water.
- In your food processor (or a blender), add the chickpeas, three tablespoons of the chickpea liquid, the tahini, garlic, lemon juice and salt. Turn the processor on and slowly add the oil while it mixes.
- When the hummus is combined and smooth, transfer it to a serving dish. Drizzle with a little more olive oil and sprinkle paprika over the top.
Join our community of over 400,000-plus members today and get the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.
Get all the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.