Family & Pets
Princess Beatrice mourns loss of her dog after it eats poison in Windsor Park
Princess Beatrice is said to be worried sick about the fate of her other four Norfolk Terriers after her beloved dog Orange passed away from eating poison.
Orange had returned from a walk in Windsor Great Park and was rushed to the vet’s office for treatment after appearing distressed.
After vets were unable to identify the toxin, they said that the five-year-old dog could not be saved.
It was after this news that Beatrice decided to have Orange put down last month.
A friend confided to The Sun:
“No one seems to know if the poison was a natural substance like a fungi, or if there is a dog-hating maniac on the loose.
"Obviously Beatrice is keeping a close eye on her other pets.”
In 2017, the Yorks fired their dog walker Amanda Severn over an affair with Andrew’s butler Terry Holdforth. Later that year, Orange went missing for a number of days.
The friend said:
“It’s hard to believe Orange would have wandered off twice, and been poisoned, if Amanda still had her job. She just hasn’t been replaced."
Have you ever encountered poison in public parks whilst walking your pets? Tell us in the comments.
Join our community of over 400,000-plus members today and get the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.
Get all the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.