Find out if you’re eligible for free hearing services
You might not be aware, but the Australian Government’s Hearing Services Program offers free or subsidised hearing services to those who are eligible. These services include access to a large variety of hearing devices, maintenance support, comprehensive hearing exams and rehabilitation services.
So, are you eligible?
You are eligible for these services if you are an Australian permanent resident or citizen above the age of 21 and you:
- Hold a pensioner concession card, a DVA Gold Card, or a DVA White Card for conditions that include hearing loss.
- Receive Centrelink’s Sickness Allowance.
- Are a dependent of someone as above.
- Are a member of the Australian Defence Force.
- Are part of the Australian Government funded Disability Employment Services (DES) – Disability Management Service.
If you are an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, you may also have the option of receiving hearing services from the Australian Community Service Obligations (CSO).
Visit hearingservices.gov.au for more information.