Major car recall: Do you own a Mazda, Dodge, Jeep or Toyota?
Models of Mazda, Dodge, Jeep and Toyota cars have been recalled over a range of safety concerns.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission has issued recalls for thousands of vehicles due to safety issues such as defective brake pedals, faulty windshields and improperly installed components.
One of the models recalled, the Mazda 3, has a manufacturing flaw which could lead to loosened wheel nuts after continued use, increasing the risk of loss of vehicle control and accidents. 3,323 cars in this model were affected.
The list of the recalled vehicles is as below:
- Mazda 3 Hatch 2019, sold from 8 April 2019 to 21 June 2019
- Jeep Cherokee 2008, sold from 20 June 2007 to 11 June 2010
- Jeep Cherokee 2010, sold from 6 June 2009 to 12 June 2012
- Dodge Nitro 2007, sold from 21 June 2006 to 12 June 2009
- Dodge RAM 2500 2010 and Dodge RAM 3500 2010, sold from 21 June 2009 to 21 June 2012
- Jeep Compass 2007 and Dodge Caliber 2007, sold from 1 June 2006 to 31 January 2010
- Dodge Nitro 2007-2009 and Jeep Cherokee 2008-2009, sold from 5 June 2007 to 20 June 2011
- Toyota Prius C 2018-2019, sold from 19 March 2018 to 29 March 2019
Join our community of over 400,000-plus members today and get the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.
Get all the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.