Wed, 5 Sep, 2018
How to mass delete emails on your smartphone
The iPhone is one of the most successful smartphones in the world, with over 700 million iPhone’s in use in the year 2017, it’s easy to see why people love the nifty device so much. Thanks to Apple, you’re able to have the entire world in the palm of your hand. Whether you want to take an instant photo, or you want to cruise the web, the possibilities are endless.
But every once and a while, there are features you come across that make you question why you own one in the first place. One of those features is the email system. For the longest time, Apple has made it unnecessarily difficult to delete mass messages in its Mail app.
If you’re someone who is the recipient of spam emails, or pointless messages that clutter your inbox, then keep reading as there is a way to organise your inbox and quickly delete unwanted messages.
- Open the Mail app and click on inbox.
- Once you’re in your inbox, tap the “Edit” button in the top right corner.
- Now select any message to put a checkmark next to it.
- With one finger, hold the “Move” button that’s found at the bottom of the screen, and with the other finger tap on the message you previously marked to unmark it.
- You will now be presented a new screen with the “Trash” option.
- Select “Trash” and all your unwanted messages will disappear from your inbox!
While it can be a little tricky to wrap your head around, once you get the hang of it, it’ll become second nature. Also, it stops you from having to manually select each message and delete it one by one.
Did you find this helpful? Let us know in the comments below.