Tue, 16 Apr, 2019
Discover who is following your profile on Facebook
Did you know people are able to “follow” your personal or professional Facebook page without sending you a friend request?
It’s important to know who is following you on Facebook, as this means that your posts are appearing in their News Feed without your knowledge and will appear more regularly than you think.
However, people are only able to follow your personal Facebook account if your profile is public instead of private.
It can be a bit tricky to see how someone is following your Facebook page, so here are a few tips to work out how.
How to see if someone is following your Facebook page
- Go to your “Friends” tab and click on the “More” section.
- Click on “Following”.
- Scroll through who is following your Facebook page.
How to unfollow people on Facebook
If you’re tired of seeing someone’s specific posts in your News Feed, but don’t want to unfriend them, you’re able to “unfollow” them.
Unfollow them via their Facebook profile
- Go to their Facebook profile.
- Click the “Following” button so it doesn’t have the tick with “Following” any longer.
- Done! You’ve unfollowed them on Facebook.
Unfollow them via your News Feed
Have you just been reminded why you don’t like seeing this person’s posts? Unfollowing them from your News Feed is pretty simple.
- Find a status update or post from the friend you want to unfollow.
- Click on the down arrow in the upper right corner of the post.
- Scroll down until you find the “Unfollow” option.
- Click on the “Unfollow” option.
- There! You have successfully unfollowed your friend.
This means that their posts will no longer appear in your News Feed on Facebook but you’re still friends with them.
Did you know about the “Unfollow” option on Facebook? Let us know in the comments.