Technology

Wed, 29 May, 2019Basmah Qazi

Coles issues urgent product recall over electrocution fears

Coles issues urgent product recall over electrocution fears

Coles has issued a recall over a potentially dangerous household item over fears that it could cause electrocution.

The supermarket made the announcement on Tuesday saying it was pulling its own brand of Mobile USB Wall Chargers due to safety concerns.

According to the company, any five-watt single USB models purchased from July 2017 onwards are affected by the recall.

“Testing has found that the enclosure of the charger may separate and expose live parts,” Coles said.

“As a result, this product has the potential to cause electric shock.”

The product can be found at Coles supermarkets, Coles Express and Coles Online.

Consumers have been advised to discard the wall charger “immediately” and return the item to their nearest Coles for a full refund.

They have issued an apology for the inconvenience caused.