Wed, 20 Jun, 2018
Barnaby Joyce’s ex-wife finally breaks her silence: “I knew I had to find my voice”
It seems the Barnaby Joyce scandal has been reignited with his ex-wife Natalie Joyce giving her first interview to the Australian Women’s Weekly.
Previously having been praised for her “quiet dignity”, Natalie has not held back in her exclusive sit-down with the magazine, talking about what she and her four daughters with the politician (Bridgette, 21, Julia, 20, Caroline, 19, and Odette, 15) thought of his controversial interview on Sunday Night, along with what she thinks of his affair with Vikki Campion.
The reason Natalie has chosen to break her silence now is because she wanted to “defend our (family’s) name”.
Labelling the controversial TV interview – which Barnaby and Vikki were paid $150,000 for by Channel Seven – as “an absolute disgrace”, Natalie told AWW she was not surprised Ms Campion was the driving force behind it and had sold the new couple’s story to Sunday Night.
“It begs the question, if Barney agreed to be a part of it, how could he allow his four girls to be overlooked?” Natalie exclaimed, who also believes the former deputy PM is on the verge of a breakdown.
“I wouldn’t want a cent of that money, it was all we could do to watch it without throwing a brick at the TV,” she admitted.
While close friends have praised Natalie for her “quiet dignity” since news of her former husband’s affair broke in February, the mum-of-four told AWW the reason why she was speaking up now was “so the girls feel empowered, and know their mum stood up and defended our fine name”.
Natalie, who was not paid for her candid interview with the Weekly, added, “I’m normally a very private person but I knew I had to find my voice. They thought I would lie down, but this time I couldn’t.”