Did you know Over60 has a Catch-up section? It’s a place where Over60 community members can arrange to meet up with fellow member’s offline. From catching up for coffee to getting together for bush walk, the Over60 Catch-ups is a great way to connect with people from the Over60 community.
So if you’re looking to expand your horizons and make friends with other over-60s in your area, here’s a step-by-step guide to organising your Over60 Catch-up.
- Go to the Over60 website and on the top header under the Community tab click Catch-ups tab.
- Once you’re on the Catch-ups page, there will be a list of upcoming Catch-ups around Australia. To create a Catch-up click New Catch-up. You will be asked to login to your Over60 account. If you’re not an Over60 member, signing up is quick and easy and gives you access to special “members-only” offers and discounts. Plus, we’ll keep you up to date with the Over60 newsletter. The best part is, membership is completely free!
- Once you login to your account, you will be then taken to a new page to create your event. Enter the details of your catch-up, including the title, date, address, RSVP details and description. Click Create Catch-up.
- Your event will now appear on the Catch-ups page.
Tips to create a good Catch-up:
- Use a descriptive title
- Include good information in the description that clearly explains what the event is about
- Use a good, relevant picture if you have one
- Provide a decent amount of time to allow Over60 to promote the event
Get in touch with Over60 at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help promote your Catch-up to the Over60 community through Facebook and our newsletters.