Thu, 10 Aug, 2017
Braised Turkish pork with cumquats and white beans
Forget expensive plane tickets and hotel rooms – you can go on an exotic journey without even leaving the house thanks to this delicious braised Turkish pork recipe that’s perfect for winter.
- 1.2 – 1.5kg pork scotch roast
- 50g Turkish seasoning
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup mandarin juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 200g cumquats
- 20g small onions, peeled
- 400g white beans
- 3 cloves roasted garlic
- Preheat oven to 170⁰C.
- Trim roast and roll in the Turkish spices evenly to coat.
- Heat oil in a large deep pan over a medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Brown the roast well on all sides.
- Combine the mandarin juice and sugar together and pour over the roast and bring to the boil.
- Add the cumquats to the pan along with the onions. Cover with the lid and place in the preheated oven at 170⁰C for 1½ hours.
- Cook the beans in salted water until soft and drain. Blend with the garlic and butter until smooth.
- Remove roast and rest. Place the liquid back onto the heat and reduce.
- Serve roast sliced on a bed of bean puree and serve with cumquats and onions and drizzle with sauce.
NOTE: Mandarin juice may be replaced with orange juice or apple juice.
Recipe courtesy of Australian Pork.