Here's a salad to convert people who say they don't like chickpeas – it's fast, easy, tasty, and can be doubled or tripled to serve a crowd. It's also a good portable lunch, but remember it tastes best slightly warm or at room temperature rather than fridge-cold.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500g diced pumpkin
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup diced feta
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Heat the oven to 200°C.
- Put the pumpkin, olive oil, and garlic in a bowl and mix well, then tip on to a baking tray.
- Roast for 20 minutes, then add the chickpeas and sun-dried tomatoes and cook for another five minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- While you're waiting, squeeze the garlic cloves into a serving bowl.
- Add the vinegar and a pinch of salt and whisk together.
- Add the chickpea and pumpkin mixture and stir gently.
- Fold through the feta and parsley and serve.
Written by Lucy Corry. First appeared on Stuff.co.nz. Image credit: Lucy Corry / Stuff.co.nz.
Have you ordered your copy of the Over60 cookbook, The Way Mum Made It, yet? Featuring 178 delicious tried-and-true recipes from you, the Over60 community, and your favourites that have appeared on the Over60 website, head to the abcshop.com.au to order your copy now.