Everyone loves a cool milkshake on a hot day and it’s easy to make a healthy option with the addition of Australian Bananas. Packed with natural sugars and calcium, a banana milkshake provides the perfect long-lasting energy boost.
Makes: 2 glasses
- 2 bananas, cut into pieces
- 2 cups or 500 ml of milk
- 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Optional 1 teaspoon nutmeg
1. Combine all the ingredients except the nutmeg in a high speed blender or milkshake maker until thick and smooth.
2. Sprinkle the top of the milkshakes with nutmeg before serving.
- Use any type of milk you like including dairy free.
- Use agave or maple syrup if preferred.
Recipe courtesy of Australian Bananas.
Have you ordered your copy of the Over60 cookbook, The Way Mum Made It, yet? Featuring 175 delicious tried-and-true recipes from you, the Over60 community, and your favourites that have appeared on the Over60 website, head to the abcshop.com.au to order your copy now.