This Malaysian beef rendang curry is a rich, flavoursome meal and a great way to add some spice to your repertoire in the kitchen. Try this dish tonight!
- 1 jar AYAM Malaysian Rendang Curry Paste 185g
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 270ml can AYAM Coconut Milk
- 700g rump steak, diced into 2cm pieces
- Toasted shredded coconuts, to garnish
- Steamed rice to serve
- Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat.
- Add Curry Paste and stir until warm and fragrant.
- Add beef and stir until browned and coated in paste
- Pour in Coconut Milk and stir until combined.
- Reduce heat and gently simmer for an hour, stirring occasionally until meat is tender and sauce is thick. (Add 1/2 cup water if sauce becomes too dry).
- Garnish with toasted coconut. Serve with steamed rice.
Tip: If using chuck steak or gravy beef, increase cooking time by 30 min and add another 1/2 cup water to avoid the sauce becoming too dry and sticking to the wok.
Mmm, doesn’t that sound delicious?
Recipe courtesy of Ayam Australia.
Have you ordered your copy of the Over60 cookbook, The Way Mum Made It, yet? Featuring 175 delicious tried-and-true recipes from you, the Over60 community, and your favourites that have appeared on the Over60 website, head to the abcshop.com.au to order your copy now.