Art and music have always gone hand-in-hand, and album covers are often the best examples of what kind of amazing results come from these collaborations. From Salvador Dalí to Andy Warhol, flip through the gallery above to see eight album covers you might not have known were created by famous artists.
- Lonesome Echo by Jackie Gleason, designed by Salvador Dalí
- Horses by Patti Smith, designed by Robert Mapplethorpe
- Artpop by Lady Gaga, designed by Jeff Koons
- The Velvet Underground & Nico by The Velvet Underground & Nico, designed by Andy Warhol
- Think Tank by Blur, designed by Banksy
- Without You by David Bowie, designed by Keith Haring
- The Live Adventures of Mike Bloomfield and Al Kooper by Mike Bloomfield and Al Kooper, designed by Norman Rockwell
- I’m With You by the Red Hot Chili Peppers, designed by Damien Hirst
Tell us in the comments below, what’s your favourite album cover of all time?