When travelling to new and exciting cities, one of the greatest ways to absorb its culture and history is to visit its museums, galleries and other institutions. However, in some cases, these buildings can be even more impressive than the famous works of art they hold.
From gorgeous baroque architecture to ultra-modern feats of engineering, flip through the gallery with us as we take a look at the world’s most incredible museums and art galleries.
- The State Hermitage Museum, St. Petersburg, Russia
- Niterói Contemporary Art Museum, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Musée d’Orsay, Paris, France
- The Guggenheim Museum Bilbao, Bilbao, Spain
- The Royal Ontario Museum, Toronto, Canada
- The Potala Palace, Lhasa, Tibet
- The Natural History Museum, Vienna, Austria
- The Louvre, Paris, France
- The Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, New York City, USA
- Hanoi Museum, Hanoi, Vietnam
Tell us in the comments below, have you visited any of these museums? Which did you find the most beautiful?